EU biocides Regulation (528/2012) requires the efficacy evaluation and potential risk assessment of biocidal products used in domestic hygiene, agriculture, veterinary and public hygiene.
Studies are performed in accordance with EU Technical Notes for Guidance for efficacy evaluation of biocidal products (Product type 14, 18 and 19) and with international guidelines (EPPO, WHOPES, OECD, ISO, BS, CEB, AFNOR).
Efficacy and palatability of rodenticide products (PT14)
- Laboratory tests (choice test) on Rattus norvegicus and Mus musculus
- Field trials (in rural and industrial environments) on Rattus norvegicus, Rattus rattus and Mus musculus
- Formulation stability evaluation (artificial degradation process)
- Genetic tests for the determination of resistance development to anticoagulant agents.
Efficacy of insecticide and acaricide products (PT18) or of repellents and attractants (PT19)
- Evaluation of knock-down effect and of residual effects of biocidal products against terrestrial arthropods (cockroaches, ants, bed bugs, mites, fleas, ticks, scorpions) and flying arthropods (flies, mosquitoes, wasps, hornets) in rural and industrial environments
- Laboratory, semi-field and field tests on larvicide, adulticide or repellent formulations (ready-to-use liquids, concentrated or emulsifiable solutions; baits, gel formulations, microgranules, powders, topical use formulations, electronic emanators, traps)